The Associate Financial Consultant (AFC) Designation is owned and awarded by IFPAS based on criteria set out by IFPAS.
The Associate Financial Consultant:
• Is a practitioner who is well versed in the fundamentals of financial planning
• Is a knowledgeable and well-informed practitioner who provides each client with a customised professional financial service
• Adheres to a rigorous and quality continuing education programme to keep abreast of the latest developments in the financial planning arena
• Is well informed on the legislation surrounding financial planning as is able to give sound advice under any legal environment
• Abides by a stringent Professional Code of Ethics and Conduct to ensure that the client is accorded a high standard of professional advice and service
The Associate Financial Consultant (AFC) Designationis recognised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore(MAS) under the Financial Advisers Act 2003.
Insurance and financial services practitioners who have at least one year of experience in life insurance or the financial services industry on the date of application.
Insurance and financial services practitioners who successfully completed any of the following courses :
• FChFP Module 1 (Fundamentals of Investment and Financial Planning)
• EF241 (Personal Financial Management)
• Associate Financial Planner Course
Date of Application